1st – 3rd Year, Engineering Mechanical Trade, Chipping Norton, NSW
1300apprentice is looking for candidates who are passionate about completing an Engineering Mechanical Trades Apprenticeship, thrive in structured work processes and have the drive to succeed. Upon completing the apprenticeship, you will be a Trade Qualified and experienced Fitter and Turner.
Our partner is a fully Australian-owned and operated business with a strong emphasis on constant process and product improvement to satisfy the ever-increasing demands of their clients. Their dedicated team has built a solid reputation through on-site service and a modern, well-equipped workshop facility. They service customers in the, Earthmoving, Agricultural, Mining, Drilling, Food Processing, Construction, Industrial Marine, and Truck Mounted Equipment Markets.
Some of what you will learn:
- Learn from experienced fitters and work on machinery of different types, sizes and designs (excavators, cranes, hydraulic hammers + more)
- Repair, design, and implement machine reliability improvements.
- Work safely and effectively in a workshop and on-site environments
- Manufacture, repair and fit hydraulic components
- Use of power tools/hand tools
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be a logical and methodical thinker with a genuine interest in Engineering.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Be down to earth, friendly and enjoy being part of a team.
- A drive to succeed and learn all aspects of the trade.
- Take pride in your work and be eager to learn.
- Hold a current driver’s licence and own a vehicle.
- You may be eligible for the $5000 Australian Apprentice Training Support Payment
- Learn from professional tradespeople who want to share their knowledge with you
- Gain a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- Friendly, supportive working environment
- PPE provided free
- 1300apprentice dedicated mentor to support you
If this role sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we want to hear from you. Submit your up-to-date resume and a brief cover letter explaining why the role appeals to you.
Please note that applicants MUST have unrestricted work rights in Australia
Due to the high volume of applications received by 1300apprentice, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. However, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to submit your application and considering 1300apprentice as a potential employer. We would also encourage you to apply for future roles advertised in the future.
Working with large and small employers, 1300apprentice connects apprentices and trainees to the right employer. A for-purpose organisation with over 30 years of experience in Vocational Education and training, our professional, approachable team are here to help you. With an experienced mentor to support and guide you, we aim to see you succeed and confidently grow as a person and professional.
1300apprentice values and recognises diversity in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively support applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer safe and inclusive working environments where you can learn, grow and achieve your career objectives.