Apprenticeships with Blacktown City Council, start 2023
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, halfway between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs and a population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, the 4th largest in Australia, and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
First and second year are welcome to apply.
This four year apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to be a professional in your preferred trade. Throughout the first three years of your apprenticeship, you will receive on the job training and be completing a relevant TAFE Certificate. Your fourth year will be a purely practical experience. Throughout your apprenticeship you will be working with, and supported by, qualified tradespeople.
Apprenticeships for 2023 placements are:
Mechanic (Heavy Vehicle Plant Mechanic) x 2 (description)
Plumber x 2 (description)
Painter x 1 (description)
Gardener x 2 (description)
Greenkeeper x 2 (description)
The salaries and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Blacktown City Council Enterprise Agreement.
Who can apply
- Applicants must NOT hold a Certificate III or higher qualification awarded in the last 7 year
- Applicants who are motivated, enthusiastic, and committed to providing a high standard of customer service
- Applicants who have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or be eligible to work in Australia (evidence required)
- Applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Blacktown City Council and 1300apprentice are partnering to conduct the initial recruitment process.
- Applications need to be submitted online through Council’s online recruitment system, use yellow button below
- The selection process requires chosen applicants for all positions to undertake an aptitude test and a medical examination
- If your application is successful in progressing through to the next recruitment stage, a representative from 1300apprentice will be in contact with you.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre- employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
1. Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
2. Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without ‘logging-out’ of the system.
3. Review the questions below PDF and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Use this button to launch the online application process, you will be taken to a new web page.
Don’t use the green 1300apprentice Apply button below as your response will not reach the recruitment team.
Closing date: 15 July 2022, 11.30pm