Arboriculture traineeship, Certificate III, Regional Areas of NSW
Working in the outdoors is a vocation that are the dreams of many people in our wonderful country.
In this Arboriculture traineeship, those dreams become a reality!!
At 1300apprentice, we have a range of traineeship locations in many NSW regional areas with our Host employer.
The successful candidate will study a Certificate III in Arboriculture for a period of 3 years.
These roles are at the following locations:
Listed below are tasks that the trainee will learn and eventually be able to undertake:
- Trimming, felling and removing vegetation from under and around power lines.
- Removal of branches and tree material, which may involve climbing with a rope-and-harness in trees, operating an elevated work platform (usually near energized lines) or from the
- Fells trees or trims trunks; cuts into manageable pieces.
- Cleaning and disposal of all debris.
- Operate equipment such as: petrol/diesel and hydraulic tools, power saws, power winches, elevated work platform, chipper, and sprayers.
- Uses ladders and hand tools such as hand lines, saws, block and tackle, pruners, etc.
- Sprays brush and stumps with hand-spraying equipment to prevent further growth, making proper and selective application of herbicides, if qualified to do so.
- May control movement of vehicular traffic through sites in which tree trimming is performed by the use of sign and hand signals, and stop/slow bats when directed by the Leading Hand.
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc., to protect employees and public. Is trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Repairs slight damage to lawns, fences and walks caused by tree trimming.
- Assists in the training of new personnel
- Drives and operates company vehicles and equipment in accordance with company policies, government regulations and laws, and HSO requirements.
- Performs other related work, as assigned.
Training will be provided initially for a period of 1-2 weeks, but we are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Having a genuine interest in this trade
- Having a driver’s licence
- Physically fit
- Able to work at heights
- Willing to undergo study at TAFE
- Willing to undergo pre-employment medicals and drug and alcohol testing
If you are interested in these roles, please apply via our website today!
This is a 2024 skills priority position, eligible apprentices could receive up to $5000 payment to undertake this apprenticeship
Suitable candidates only will be contacted for an interview.