Cabinet making (kitchens and bathrooms), 1st-4th year apprenticeship, Mitchell, ACT
Interested in pursuing a career as a Cabinet Maker, focussing on kitchens and bathrooms?
Do you like working with your hands and being creative?
1300apprentice has multiple opportunities for motivated individuals to complete a Cabinet Making apprenticeship with fantastic employers based across the ACT. These employers specialise in cabinet making for kitchens and bathrooms.
During this 4-year apprenticeship you will gain experience in all aspects of cabinet making, learning from qualified and skilled cabinet makers. You will also complete a Certificate III in Cabinet Making through the Australian Cabinet and Furniture Association (ACFA).
Duties that you will be responsible for include:
- Fabricate custom furniture – kitchens, bathrooms, wardrobes, shower screens
- Read and interpret drawings
- Use computer aided design and manual machines to produce quality cabinet components
- Assembly of furnishings
- Measurements and calculations
- Prepare surfaces for finishing
- Using machinery, power and hand tools.
- Driver’s licence and own transport
- Experience using basic hand tools
- White card and Asbestos card (can be obtained during interview process).
To be successful:
- Have a passion for this trade and want to be part of a growing business once completed apprenticeship
- Physically fit and happy to do physically demanding work
- Well presented
- Great work ethic
- Dedicated and wanting to learn
- Follow direction well.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with the right to work in Australia.