Cabinetmaking apprentice, 1st year, Canberra, ACT
Interested in pursuing a career as a Cabinet Maker? Looking for an apprenticeship to get your career started or continue your 2nd year as a Cabinet making apprentice?
1300apprentice currently have a great opportunity for a motivated individual to complete a Cabinet Making apprenticeship, with a fantastic employer based in Canberra! The employer is a family business established in 1977, providing homeowners and builders with wardrobes, linens, bi-folding doors to laundries, shower screens, splashbacks and mirrors. They serve all types of clients, ranging from executive high-end residences to projects of 350 apartments. Our host also offers above award wages!
During this apprenticeship you will gain experience in all aspects of Cabinet Making. You will also undertake a Certificate III in Cabinet Making.
Duties that you will be responsible for include:
- Fabricate custom furniture – wardrobes, shower screens and splashbacks
- Assembly of furnishings
- Measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret drawings
- Prepare surfaces for finishing
- Using machinery, power and hand tools
- Driver’s licence and own transport
- Experience with using basic hand tools
- White card and Asbestos card (can be obtained during interview process)
To be successful:
- Have a passion for this trade and want to be part of a growing business once completed apprenticeship
- Physically fit and happy to do physically demanding work
- Well presented
- Great work ethic
- Dedicated and wanting to learn
- Follow direction well
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and/or Permanent residents with the right to work in Australia.
To apply, simply click on “Apply” and attach your resume.