Customer Service Representative Traineeship, Shellharbour, NSW
Would you like to work in the banking industry?
Our client looks to make their customers and communities better off and they’ve been doing that for 140 years offering some of the most competitive products in the market.
We have a great opportunity now available for an eligible and enthusiastic trainee to complete a 12 month traineeship based in Shellharbour. Our client’s traineeships comprise of a one year entry level program combining on-the-job training with a nationally recognised qualification, a Certificate 3 in Business and are a wonderful opportunity to kickstart a career.
As a trainee, you will learn all about retail banking and its operations and the policies, systems and processes that underpin it. You will also learn invaluable skills in sales and customer service disciplines as well as knowledge of the financial products and services that our client offers.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person to kick start their career in financial services and develop skills and experience in a service and sales focused customer interactive banking environment.
To ensure you are successful as a trainee we will need you to:
- Meet the eligibility criteria outlined below
- Want to work in a face to face customer environment and learn the key skills required to provide the very best sales and service to our members
- Have a professional appearance and approach to work, be diligent and work with integrity and honesty
- Be outgoing and have the confidence to talk to all types of people
- Have a high level of digital literacy and be confident in your computer skills
- Display initiative and pride in all work tasks and love working as part of a team to achieve goals
- Be able to balance work and study commitments
- Be able to apply your learnings and experience on the job and eager to develop your skills
- Be able to follow instructions and procedures carefully and assimilate and retain information.
To be eligible to undertake this traineeship, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status
- Have completed your Higher School Certificate (or equivalent)
- Not hold a qualification higher than Certificate 2 level or be enrolled in another tertiary qualification
- Be willing and able to work and study full time (includes up to 7.5 hours of study per week)
- Be committed to completing all of the necessary elements of a training contract
- Have your own or access to transport to get to other locations as needed from time to time (only occasionally as part of training)
- Have a positive academic track record in achievement at school and other aspects such as employment, work experience, volunteer or community work, sport and/or extracurricular activities.
- Be prepared to work in other branches from time to time in the Illawarra region and travel to Wollongong for training purposes as required (expenses covered).
Please note: Employment will be for the duration of the traineeship only (up to 12 months), and may lead to a permanent position.
Our client offers excellent working conditions, investment in further training and development programs, competitive remuneration, various product concessions and safe and healthy work environments.
Please be aware you will be required to undergo police and background checks.
Suitable candidates only will be contacted for an interview.