Heavy Vehicle Mechanic, Burwood NSW
One of our leading clients are in search of Heavy Vehicle Mechanic based in the Inner West suburb of Burwood.
- To perform daily fleet and plant maintenance and repair requirements as directed by the Team Leader Mechanics, or other managers.
- To ensure that the functions of the team and tasks meet agreed targets and deadlines.
- To ensure safe work conditions are maintained and safe work practices are carried out at all times.
- To ensure all workshop equipment and property is well maintained and appropriately used to perform required work tasks.
Essential Qualifications / Licences / Certificates / Tickets:
- Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Road Transport or similar Certificate III qualification as a Diesel or Plant mechanic
- Class HR Drivers licence
Skills and Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of suspension systems, hydraulic components, hydrostatic transmissions, automatic and manual transmissions, diesel and petrol engines.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of hydraulic and pneumatic operating systems and components to perform diagnostic work.
- Ability to interpret equipment manuals for assembly / disassembly and manufacturing and diagnostic work.
- Experience in working to manufacturers service and maintenance schedules.
- Prepared to work on waste collection, street cleaning, parks maintenance, road maintenance and Light vehicles.
Desirable but not essential:
- AIS inspectors ticket (up to 5 tonnes)
- Experience in MIG and stick electrode welding.
- Ability to assist in conducting the business of the team in a commercial and competitive manner.
- Experience in Auto Electrical repairs.
- Proficient in the use of mobility and IT solutions related to fleet operations.
Should this peak your interest and a re keen to work knowing you have job security, then get in touch with me today.
Apply now below.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $40.00 – $50.00 per hour