Industry Engagement Officer, Burwood
Join us and make a difference
Established in 1985,1300apprentice is an independent, award winning for-purpose organisation. Together we support over 300 apprentices and trainees and over 150 employers across multiple vocations in Canberra, Sydney, Illawarra, the Southern Highlands, Melbourne and Queensland.
With over 150 years of industry experience, 1300apprentice has started over 2,500 careers and provided a high quality of service to hundreds of companies in the process.
We are excited to announce that our recruitment team is expanding!
See yourself in our team
With a focus on growing our apprentice and trainee workforce across multiple vocations in Sydney and the ACT, this newly created role will see you as part of our recruitment team, reporting to the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for increasing our apprentice and trainee in-take through effective client relationship management with industry partners not limited to TAFE’s, RTO’s, schools, and school to work programs. Work closely with industry contacts to promote 1300apprentice as the employer of choice for future apprentices and trainees.
We see this role as:
- Develop and maintain relationships with career advisors, industry partners and alike to raise the profile of 1300apprentice
- Engage with TAFE’s, RTO’s, schools, industry expo’s promoting our services
- Providing advice and support to students seeking an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Source students to undertake our pre-apprenticeship courses designed to help them get a ‘foot in the door’
- Assist in attending career expos and school talks.
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Are enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to engage and relate to a diverse range of people
- Have demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement
- Have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Previous experience in planning and managing your own projects
- Have a positive attitude and desire to be successful
- Hold a current NSW drivers licence with a good driving record
- Can provide an up-to-date Working with Children’s check.
In turn 1300apprentice will provide
- A fantastic and supportive team environment
- Great base salary rate plus superannuation
- A vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- A company phone and laptop
- Ongoing training and development
- 5 extra days off per annum upon completion of 6 months
- Regular team building events
- Cake on your birthday and the Friday of your birthday week off
- We love coming to work! Over 70% of our team have 5+ years with 1300apprentice.
To be eligible for this role you must have right to live and work in Australia.
1300apprentice is an EEO employer, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Apply now if you think you would enjoy this rewarding role!
Suitable applicants only will be contacted for an interview.
Read more about 1300apprentice at 1300apprentice.com.au or on Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin.
Recruitment agencies- thanks for thinking of us, but we’ve got this.