Light Vehicle Mechanic,Mortdale, NSW
Looking for qualified, motivated and committed Light Vehicle mechanics!
- Servicing of fleet of light passenger vehicles mainly
- Good working hours, Monday to Friday only no weekend work
- Casual fulltime with the view to permanency for the right candidate after 6 months.
1300apprentice have a fantastic opportunity with a reputable client based in Mortdale who are looking a qualified Light Vehicle automotive mechanic to join their dynamic team.
About our host
Our client manages a large account contract servicing a fleet of light passenger vehicles mainly Toyota Hiace’s and Mercedes Sprinter’s. Sites they work at are Enfield, Botany, Erskine Park and Roseville. They also have work in the St. George and Sutherland Shire area.
- Inspecting light vehicles to determine the extent of mechanical malfunction.
- All servicing and repairing or replacing worn or damaged parts.
- Removing and reassembling engines, brakes, transmissions and steering gear.
- Performing routine maintenance and checks
- Tyre fittings and wheel alignment
- All other duties as required.
- Driver’s licence preference manual licence – to be able to test and drop off cars
- Computer literacy to be able look up information on vehicles for data entry
- Trade qualification
To be successful:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the trade
- Well presented and takes pride in his work
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- Great work ethic with good attention to detail
- Able to work autonomously and take on the workload when given
- Must be able to complete a Federal Police Check
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents with full working rights to work in Australia.
Suitable candidates only will be contacted for interview.