Parks & gardens, Horticulture, 1st year apprentice, Western Sydney, NSW
Interested in pursuing a career in Parks and Gardens or Horticulture? Looking for an apprenticeship to get your career started?
- Studying a certificate III in Parks and Gardens for 48 months or a Certificate III in Horticulture
- Wide scope of works varied across residential and commercial projects
- Potential ongoing work for the right candidate once apprenticeship has completed
- Australian Apprentice Training Support Payment may apply from July 1st 2022.
Are you just out of school and looking to get your career up and running? Looking for something different to challenge you? At 1300apprentice we have a client based in Sydney’s Western Suburbs looking for a trainee in Parks & Gardens or Horticulture. This is a great opportunity to learn a terrific trade and get paid in the process! You will learn how to manage and maintain gardens and vegetation and learn this from very experienced tradesmen. Your training will also include working in the following areas:
- Pruning of trees, weeds and vegetation
- Herbicide application
- Mowing lawns and grass.
We are seeking applicants with the following:
- A genuine interest in this trade
- A good level of fitness
- Positive attitude
- Own licence and transport
- White Card
- Year 12 completion preferred but not essential.
During your apprenticeship you will complete a Certificate III in Parks and Gardens or Horticulture through TAFE NSW leading to a trade qualified occupation. There are other tickets and qualifications paid for by Summit during the course of this apprenticeship. Between 3 – 6 months in the role the apprentice will complete their light rail ticket (this is an online course and will take about 20 minutes). Heavy rail ticket will be done after completing the light rail. The heavy rail ticket is a full day course at Petersham. Please be aware that you may need to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug test if successful.
Your host employer is Summit Open Space Services
To apply: If you are interested in this role, please click on Submit and attach your cover letter and resume. Suitable candidates only will be contacted for an interview. Want to know what’s involved in this apprenticeship? Check out the Australian Apprenticeship Pathways site: www.aapathways.com.au/jtd/parks-and-gardens-tradesperson