Sheet metal, apprenticeship, certificate III, Canberra
Are you creative and enjoy working with sheet metal?
Interested in an apprenticeship in light fabrication?
At 1300apprentice we currently have fantastic opportunities for a 1st year sheet metal (light fabrication) apprentice to join a dynamic and innovative team based in Canberra. If you enjoy varied work and shaping metal products, this is the job for you!
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be undertaking a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication trade (sheet metal, light fabrication).
Duties that you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Read drawings and specifications of a job
- Perform engineering measurements
- Cut, roll, shape, bend, mould, spin, heat or hammer metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies
- Perform site installations
- Interact with computing technology
- Carry out mechanical cutting
- Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- Apply fabrication, forming and shaping techniques
- Assemble fabricated components
- Perform routine manual metal arc welding
- Repair/replace/modify fabrications
- Perform geometric development
- Use workshop machines for basic operations
- General clean up.
- Drivers licence and own transport
- Experience using basic hand and power tools
- White card and asbestos card (can be obtained during the recruitment process).
To be successful:
- Passionate about completing an apprenticeship in sheet metal
- Great work ethic and attitude to work
- Dedicated and willing to learn
- Follow direction well.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and/or permanent residents with the right to work in Australia.
Suitable candidates only will be contacted for an interview.