Telecommunications Traineeship, certificate III, Canberra
Interested in pursuing a career in telecommunications?
Looking for a traineeship to get your career started in the number 1 job of the future?
1300apprentice currently have a fantastic opportunity for motivated and driven individuals to commence a 1st year telecommunications traineeship.
Our host employer Syndeticom, specialises in designing, building and supporting world-class digital infrastructure. You will gain valuable experience in data centres, network and cabling infrastructure, smart building systems and management. You will work on a range of sites across the ACT including construction.
This 3 year traineeship will see you undertake a Certificate III in Telecommunications.
The work will include, but not limited to:
- Running cables
- Termination of cables
- Locate, identify and rectify telecommunications network faults
- Install, test and terminate optical fibre cables
- Install cable trays
- Conduit work
- Use of hand and power tools
- Customer service
- Completing paperwork and records.
- Year 12 completion
- Driver’s licence is not essential, however, you must be able to travel to and from work sites
- Experience using basic hand tools
- White card
- Training in Asbestos Awareness and Working Safely with Asbestos Containing Materials (can be obtained during recruitment process)
- Able to pass a Federal Police check before commencing.
To be successful:
- Have a passion for this trade and a desire to be part of a growing business once completed traineeship
- Not afraid of physically demanding work
- Well presented
- Great work ethic
- Dedicated and wanting to learn
- Follow direction well.
Perks and benefits:
- Overtime offered when needed
- Great team and learning environment
- Interesting and varied work with opportunity for ongoing employment
- Become qualified in an in-demand trade of the future.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Suitable candidates only will be contacted for an interview.
See more info about this traineeship