Trade spotlight – Business traineeships
A business traineeship covers a broad range of skills and allows you to take on a role as a clerk, administrator or a business assistant. You will be taught keyboard skills that will enable you to produce simple word processed documents, create and maintain spreadsheets as well as database management using current business technology. Other skills include processing of customer complaints, online purchase of goods and services and work effectively within a team.
A Business traineeship is a 12-month commitment and requires you to complete a Certificate III in Business through a Registered Training Organisation. Throughout the 12 months, you will be completing modules, or assignments, to gain the certificate III. Modules you can study include:
- Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- Work effectively with diversity
- Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- Organise workplace information
- Create electronic presentations
- Design and produce text documents
- Produce spreadsheets
- Organise personal work priorities and development.