Engineering – Mechanical Trade, Certificate III, 1st-3rd year, Heathcote
1300 Apprentice is looking for candidates passionate about completing an Engineering Mechanical Trades Apprenticeship; upon completing the apprenticeship, you will be a Trade Qualified and experienced Fitter and Turner.
Our partner is an Australian-owned and operated business with a strong emphasis on constant process and product improvement to satisfy the ever-increasing demands of their clients. They have a solid local and international reputation for producing high-spec mixing equipment. They service customers in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical mining, water, chemical and oil and gas industries. This is a 2024 Skills Priority List Trade
Some of what you will learn:
- Learn from experienced fitters and work on producing equipment of different types, sizes and designs.
- Accurately read and implement company drawings and schematics.
- Turning, milling, welding and component assembly
- Work safely and effectively in a workshop and on-site environments.
- Use of power tools/hand tools
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices.
- Dismantle, replace, and assemble engineering components.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be a logical and methodical thinker with a genuine interest in Engineering.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Be down-to-earth and friendly and enjoy being part of a team.
- A drive to succeed and learn all aspects of the trade.
- Take pride in your work and be eager to learn.
- Hold a current driver’s licence and own a vehicle.
- You may be eligible for the $5000 Australian Apprentice Training Support Payment
- Learn from professional tradespeople who want to share their knowledge with you
- Gain a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- Friendly, supportive working environment
- Free lunch on Friday’s
- PPE provided free.
- 1300apprentice dedicated mentor to support you
If this role sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we want to hear from you. Submit your up-to-date resume and a brief cover letter explaining why the role appeals to you.
Please note that applicants MUST have unrestricted work rights in Australia
Due to the high volume of applications received by 1300apprentice, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. However, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to submit your application and considering 1300apprentice as a potential employer. We would also encourage you to apply for future roles advertised in the future
Working with large and small employers, 1300apprentice connects apprentices and trainees to the right employer. A for-purpose organisation with over 30 years of experience in Vocational Education & Training, our professional, approachable team are here to help you. With an experienced mentor to support and guide you, we aim to see you succeed and confidently grow as a person and professional.
1300apprentice values and recognises diversity in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively support applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer safe and inclusive working environments where you can learn, grow and achieve your career objectives.