Nursery Operations (Nursery Production), Certificate III, 1st-3rd year, Dural NSW
1300apprentice has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual to plant the seeds of a sustainable career by completing a Cert III in Nursery Production Apprenticeship with an industry-leading Australian business. This is a 2024 skills-priority position and is highly sought after
Our employer partner is the largest wholesale production nursery group in Australia. With over 150 acres of fertile production land, they produce a formidable range of superior-quality plants and green life.
You will learn your craft from a team with over half a century of experience in the industry. They live by their ethos that “Quality matters and remains at the heart of everything they do” So, you will take pride in knowing that you’re making a positive contribution towards creating a beautiful Australia.
Some of what you will learn:
- Planting trees, bushes, plants from seed and grafts
- How to identify various plant specimens
- Applying biosecurity measures
- How to raise and care for Australian Native Plants
- Pest and disease control
- Plant and soil practices, including implementing plant establishment programs.
- Operation of light nursery machinery
- All aspects of running a commercial nursery including, sales, dispatch, ordering and maintenance. You will be given the chance to work in all departments, to enable you to decide on the areas you want to specialise in.
To be successful:
- You Must have a passion for nature, plants and the environment and want to be part of a growing business once you’ve completed your apprenticeship!
- Physically fit and not afraid of physical work
- Well presented.
- Have a great work ethic and take pride ion what you do
- Driver licence minimum P
- Love being outdoors and working with nature.
- Gain a Certificate III in Nursery Production
- You may qualify for the Australian Apprentice Training Support Payment of up to $5000.00
- Learn from passionate, industry-leading professionals
- Earn while you learn
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Dedicated 1300apprentice mentor to guide you through your apprenticeship
- Access to the 1300apprenitce employee assistance program
If this role sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we want to hear from you. Submit your up-to-date resume and a cover letter explaining why the role appeals to you.
Please note that applicants MUST have unrestricted work rights in Australia.
Due to the high volume of applications received by 1300apprentice, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. However, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to submit your application and considering 1300apprentice as a potential employer.
Working with large and small employers, 1300apprentice connects apprentices and trainees to the right employer. A for-purpose organization with over 30 years of experience in Vocational Education & Training, our professional, approachable team is here to help you. With an experienced mentor to support and guide you, we aim to see you succeed and confidently grow as a person and professional.
1300apprentice values and recognises diversity in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively support applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We offer safe and inclusive working environments where you can learn, grow and achieve your career objectives.