We’ve asked our apprentices and trainees about why they chose Vocational Educational & Training (VET) when also presented with an opportunity to go to University to which most said they enjoy being able to ‘earn while they learn’ and ‘gain valuable skills on the job’.
On-the-job experience is valued highly by employers. The experience that a trade or traineeship offers is a valuable introduction into the working world, one which teaches workforce etiquette, skills relevant to the industry and provides a nationally recognised qualification, all within a 12–48 month period.
Upon successful completion, many skills shortage industries will pay above $56k per annum for a qualified trade person, there is a higher chance for employment outcomes for qualified tradespeople and an opportunity for further study including University education.
- 82% of VET graduates who completed an apprenticeship or traineeship are employed after training*
- $56,000 per annum is the median income of a VET graduate working full time after training*
- Nil entry requirements and in some instances study can commence whilst at school
- No cost to you.
- 67% of University students find work after graduation
- $54,000 per annum us the median income of a University graduate*
- Entry requires an ATAR
- HECS debt.
*McCrindle Research & Skilling Australia Foundation.
Search our apprenticeship information pages or jobs board to learn more. Buttons are at the top of the screen.