Certificate IV Cyber Security
- Monitor the risk of cyberattacks
- Identify and use the right tools to defend against breaches
- Detect attacks in the network and system security
- Develop systems to minimise network vulnerabilities
- Protect an organisation from insider security attacks
- Cyber security engineer
- Cyber security analyst
- Cyber security technician
- ICT security consultant
Also known as
- Website penetration tester
- Security support officer
- Systems tester
- Analytical skills
- Solutions focused mindset
- Creative problem-solving
- Great communication
If you like
- A basic understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems
- A basic understanding of networking protocols, configuration of routers and switches including related protocols, command line configuration and IP addressing
- Intermediate literacy and numeracy skills
This course content is considered high risk. This means the teaching of this course operates within a wider framework of the law and TAFE policies. There are many inherent laws relating to cyber security including the Cybercrime Act 2001 and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), with the Cybercrime Act (Cth) criminalising computer and internet related activities such as hacking, spreading viruses and website vandalism.
Based on this, to be eligible for this course, you must:
- Submit to a National Police Check which discloses your criminal history
- Agree to sign an ethical conduct agreement that outlines your responsibilities to work within legal and ethical boundaries, on the first day of the course
- Have access to a computer, flash drive (USB) and the internet to complete learning activities and assessments.
We look after
- Annual leave & annual leave Loading
- TAFE/RTO fees
- Mentoring & support
To protect Australian businesses from cyber attacks, estimates predict that around 17,600 extra cyber security workers will be needed by 2026. (TAFE).
There are 70,500 workers in this industry in 2022. (MarketInsights.gov.au)
Our Recent Jobs
So many areas to start your business traineeship with Blacktown city council. Apply now, start next year. Corporate strategy & economic development, Environment, Communications & marketing, Asset construction, Safety, Business technology, Strategic planning, Civil asset maintenance.
Have an interest in 5G and IoT? This telecommunications traineeship will lead to a job of the future!