Field officer, Canberra, ACT
Join us and make a difference
Established in 1985, 1300apprentice is an independent, award winning for-purpose organisation. Together we support over 320 apprentices and trainees and over 200 employers across 40 vocations in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Illawarra, and the Southern Highlands.
With over 150+ years of industry experience, 1300apprentice has started over 2500+ careers and provided a high quality of service to hundreds of companies in the process.
See yourself in our team
We are searching for an Apprentice and Trainee Field Officer based in Canberra to manage up to 50 apprentices and trainees in Canberra and Melbourne. Your role will play an important part in providing mentoring, guidance and support to all parties. This is an important role which is challenging yet rewarding in a fun and energetic team.
Working closely with our experienced sales and recruitment team we achieve quality outcomes for host employers and for our apprentices and trainees.
We do this by
- Overseeing apprentice and trainee employment and training
- Increasing business through existing and new clients
- Supporting apprentices and trainees through regular performance monitoring
- Developing and maintaining a strong rapport with all parties
- Identifying opportunities for apprentices and trainees within our host employers
- Promoting the 1300apprentice brand through expo’s
- Maximising apprentice and trainee completion rates
- Conducting WH&S site inspections.
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Have an understanding of the Vocational Education & Training industry
- Hold relevant qualifications including Certificate IV in TAE and/or experience in a similar role
- Have human resources experience
- Hold a current NSW drivers licence
- Can provide an up-to-date Working With Vulnerable People check
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are experienced with customer relations management
- Are solutions focussed
- Have the ability to work autonomously.
In turn 1300apprentice will provide
- A fantastic and supportive team environment
- Competitive salary rate plus superannuation
- A company vehicle
- A company phone and laptop
- Ongoing training and development
- 5 extra days off per annum upon completion of probation
- Regular team building events
- Cake on your birthday and the Friday of your birthday week off
- We love coming to work! Over 50% of our team have 10+ years with 1300apprentice
To be eligible for this role you must have right to live and work in Australia.
1300apprentice is an EEO employer.
Apply now if you think you would enjoy this rewarding role!
Suitable applicants only will be contacted for an interview.