Retail Nursery Traineeship, Sydney, NSW
Love all things plants! Want to work and be part of a great welcoming team environment Flower Power has to offer.
We have a great role on offer, learning all aspects of retail nursery!
- Want to work in a great team learning environment
- Good working hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm depending on season
- Opportunity to grow within the business once traineeship has completed.
1300apprentice currently have fantastic opportunities working within Flower Power in their retail nurseries all over Sydney. We are looking for motivated and committed Horticulture trainees to join their energetic and self-motivated teams, in all their stores located below:
- Mount Annan
- Taren Point
- Terrey Hills
About our host
Our host Flower Power is a leading retail nursery who has centres all over Sydney is looking for apprentices to complete a two-year traineeship in Horticulture. They sell seedlings, mature plants, herbs & vegetables, fertilisers, pest control, irrigation systems, retaining walls, pavers, mulch, soils, outdoor furniture and accessories to compliment your outdoor space.
Throughout the traineeship, you will be studying a Certificate III in Horticulture over 24 months!
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Implement a plant nutrition program
- Maintain nursery plants
- Control plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Identify plant specimens
- Receive and dispatch nursery products
- Implement a pruning program
- Install irrigation systems
- Operate machinery and equipment
- Provide information on plants and their culture.
- Current drivers’ licence and own transport
To be successful:
- Must be eager to work and learn with a very good attitude
- Committed and interested in wanting to complete a Horticulture traineeship
- Good work ethic and well presented
- Team player
- Confident and love all things plants.
School leavers are highly encouraged to apply!
Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Whilst 1300apprentice will endeavour to respond to all applications, only suitable applicants and those eligible to undertake an apprenticeship will be contacted.