Parks & gardens, 1st to 4th year, Southern Highlands
Interested in pursuing a career or looking for a new job opportunity in Parks and Gardens? We have a great role for you!
- Environmentally & sustainably conscious organisation
- Ongoing opportunity for employment & promotion after completion
- Well established family business.
1300apprentice currently have a fantastic opportunity for motivated and committed individuals to commence or recommence a Parks and Gardens apprenticeship, with a fantastic host employer based in the Southern Highlands.
About our host
Our host employer has been in the horticulture industry for 35 years. They are committed to pioneering innovative native plant systems and revegetation techniques. Not only do they have a nursery section they also have a trades department where they look after residential, wetlands and commercial areas maintaining gardens and bush lands.
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be undertaking a Certificate III in Parks and Gardens.
Duties that you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Softscapes- mulching, planting and irrigation works
- Mowing of lawns
- Hedging and edging
- Pest and disease programs
- Using tools and machinery equipment of the trade.
- Driver’s licence and own transport
- Experience with using basic hand tools
- White card.
To be successful:
- Have a passion for this trade and wants to be part of a growing business once completed apprenticeship
- Physically fit and not afraid of physically demanding work
- Well presented
- Great work ethic
- Dedicated and wanting to learn
- Follows direction well.
School leavers are encouraged to apply!
Applicants must be Australian Citizens & or Permanent resident with the right to work in Australia.
Suitable candidates only will be contacted for an interview.