Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology
Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology is a nationally recognised apprenticeship program designed to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the heavy commercial vehicle industry.
This qualification is ideal for those passionate about mechanics who enjoy working with large engines, thrive in practical and manual work environments, and relish problem-solving challenges.
What You’ll Learn:
During your journey to achieve Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology, you’ll gain diverse skills and expertise, including
- Diagnose and Repair Steering: Learn to identify and rectify issues with steering systems in heavy commercial vehicles.
- Inspect and Service Hydraulic Systems: Develop the skills to inspect and maintain hydraulic systems, which are crucial for the functioning of these vehicles.
- Inspect and Service Diesel Fuel Injection Systems: Understand the intricacies of diesel fuel injection systems and how to service them efficiently.
- Test and Repair Basic Electrical Circuits: Gain competence in testing and repairing basic electrical circuits, a fundamental skill for heavy vehicle technicians.
- Carry Out Servicing Operations: Learn how to perform routine servicing on heavy commercial vehicles, ensuring they remain in optimal condition.
- Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment in an Automotive Environment: Master the use and maintenance of tools and equipment specific to the automotive industry.
- Carry Out Diagnostic Procedures: Develop the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues in heavy commercial vehicles.
The Heavy Vehicle Apprentice
If you have a passion for mechanics, enjoy working with powerful engines, enjoy practical and manual work, and have skills for problem-solving, a career in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology is perfect for you.
In a heavy vehicle apprenticeship, you’ll maintain and repair essential vehicles that keep many industries moving. Your skills will be in high demand, and you’ll be a vital part of the transportation & construction sector.
Why Complete A Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship?
Some key reasons to pursue a career with a Heavy machinery mechanic apprenticeship include
- In-Demand Skills: The transport industry plays a crucial role in the Australian economy, so this field is always in demand for skilled technicians.
- Job Security: As transport is essential, heavy commercial vehicle technicians can have a permanent job, even during economic fluctuations.
- Competitive Salaries: Skilled technicians earn competitive salaries, making it a financially good alternative for those seeking this as a career choice.
- Hands-On Work: If you prefer hands-on work to desk jobs and enjoy fixing tangible issues, this career is for you as it offers a dynamic environment where apprentices are always on the move.
- Continuous Learning: Technology in heavy vehicles constantly evolves, offering ongoing learning and professional growth opportunities.
Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology v/s Light Vehicle Technology.
The main difference between Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology and Light Vehicle Technology lies in the types of vehicles and skills involved. Heavy Vehicle Technology focuses on larger, heavy-duty vehicles like trucks and buses, requiring specialised knowledge in complex systems and heavy-duty tools.
In contrast, Light Vehicle Technology focuses on smaller personal vehicles, such as cars and motorcycles, with technicians specialising in smaller engines and components. The work environments and tools used in each field also differ, making Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology suitable for those interested in heavy-duty machinery. At the same time, Light Vehicle Technology fits those dealing with everyday transportation vehicles.
Future Career Opportunities
Upon completing your heavy goods vehicle apprenticeship, a world of career opportunities awaits. You can find employment in various sectors, including
- Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis.
- Bridging Certificate III in Mobile Plant Mechanic.
- Fleet Maintenance: Work for companies that maintain their fleets of heavy commercial vehicles.
- Commercial Vehicle: Join the service department of dealerships specialising in heavy vehicles.
- Independent Repair Shops: Establish your workshop or work in established independent repair shops.
- Transport Departments: Serve in agencies responsible for maintaining public transport and infrastructure.
- Logistics Companies: Support the logistics industry by ensuring their vehicles are in top condition.
Why Choose Us?
Choosing a career in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technology opens doors to a world of opportunities. It’s a field with high demand, job security, and the chance to work on impressive machinery.
For over 35 years, 1300apprentice has connected apprenticeships and people with employment opportunities in over 40 industries.
If you require assistance completing your apprenticeship or traineeship, 1300apprentice is here to help. Whether you’re a student or an employer, we’re here to help you. Our services include managing wages, allowances, annual leave, and training fees and ensuring workplace safety.
Additionally, we offer valuable mentoring and support. Contact us today to learn more about our apprenticeship programs and traineeships.
- Diagnose and repair steering
- Inspect and service hydraulic systems
- Inspect and service diesel fuel injection systems
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- Carry out servicing operations
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive environment
- Carry out diagnostic procedures
- Certificate IV in Automotive mechanical diagnosis
- Bridging Certificate III in Mobile plant mechanic
Also known as
- Diesel mechanic
- Truck mechanic
If you like
- Working with large engines
- Practical and manual work
- Problem solving
You may also like
We look after
- Annual leave & annual leave loading
- TAFE/RTO fees
- Mentoring & support
There are over 100,000 people employed in the automotive industry in Australia. (LabourMarketInsights.gov.au)
Our Recent Jobs
Are you about to leave school this year? 1300apprentice are taking applications for our 2024 apprentice intake. Secure your apprenticeship early!
Experienced and trade Qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic required for a secure and stable role with opportunities for self development.
Do you want to launch your career as a Light Automotive Apprentice working on Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Jaguar, Audi, Range Rover and other Prestige Brands?. Then this is the opportunity you have been looking for!